HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN INDEPENDENT LIVING IS NOT THE BEST OPTION FOR YOU OR YOUR LOVED ONE’S QUALITY OF LIFE?
Is it time for Assisted Living? Changes in life are often difficult to identify or really understand, especially if it’s someone in your family who you’re close to and love. Services offered in Assisted Living often benefit individuals that need a little to a lot of support. This helps keep them as independent as they are able, for as long as possible.
HERE ARE SOME IDENTIFIERS THAT MAY HELP YOU KNOW WHEN IT’S TIME FOR ASSISTED LIVING:
- Weight loss. Missing meals could be a sign of depression, or dementia. However, more often than not, it might be that shopping and preparing meals is too much for them to handle.
- Diagnosed with dehydration or malnutrition. This could be from forgetting to eat or drink, or because they are unable to shop or prepare meals.
- Frequent illness, hospitalizations, or EMS visits.
- Confusion. Bills unpaid, stove left on, unsure what day or time it is. Frequent lost items. They may be too confused to call for help.
- Medication errors. Taking the wrong dose, or forgetting medication, or taking expired medication.
Thermostat set at extreme temperatures.
- Poor hygiene. Doesn’t shower or bathe, spends the day in pajamas.
- Refusing visits from family member in order to conceal deterioration.
- Someone who is normally outgoing becomes socially withdrawn.
- Concerns about driving: doesn’t recall how they arrived at destination, automobile in disrepair, fender benders, or other accident damage on car.
- Neighbors report loved one wandering aimlessly in the neighborhood.
- Cost of private in-home health/companion care they require is becoming too expensive.
SilverCrest Properties is committed to creating senior communities of excellence through an engaging lifestyle of wellness, independence, dignity and care for seniors. SilverCrest Properties sets itself apart through distinguished services to our residents, families and team members. This is achieved through our service delivery model known as SilverAdvantage™. R.E.S.P.E.C.T. is the acronym for SilverAdvantage™ and each letter represents a core value of our philosophy. The most important letter is “R” which stands for “Residents First” and drives all the other values supported in our philosophy.
WHEN IT’S TIME TO NAVIGATE CARE AND SUPPORT RESOURCES, WE’RE HERE TO GUIDE YOU.
Contact us today to start the conversation with a trusted and expert member on our team at Kingsley Shores!